The Marx Memorial Library is now offering school group visits including:
- 40 minute tour of our historic building from trained tour guide
- special archive talk on our collections (this can be adapted to your needs. Options include the Russian Revolution, the Spanish Civil War, Marx in London, using historical sources)
These are particularly suitable for those studying history at GCSE and A level
Primary Source Workshops for A-Level Students
The Marx Memorial Library now offers A-level student groups a special learning experience including
1. a tour of our historic building including office where Lenin worked in exile (30 min)
2. a workshop on the range of primary source material at the library (including pamphlets, newspapers, photographs, posters and other archive sources) (40-60 mins). This will
- encourage students to understand the value of different kinds of historical sources
- help students to develop a critical eye comparing and contrasting a range of sources
- interest students in historical documents by giving them the unique opportunity to handle the originals
- stimulate debate by asking questions and encouraging group work
- give students materials to quote/cite in coursework and exam questions
Workshops can cover a range of subjects such as
- The Russian Revolution & the Soviet Union
- the First World War
- the Spanish Civil War
The workshops can be adapted, and other subject areas covered.
Book now for 2017
The Marx Memorial Library & Workers' School is taking part in the Open House London event on Sunday 20 September 11am until 4pm.
Visitors are welcome throughout the day and there will be full free guided tours by trained volunteers. Take a look at our displays, explore the basement tunnels and visit the room where Lenin worked in exile 1902-3.
There will be opportunities to purchase merchandise and refreshments.